Episode 9 – Holy Personal Gnosis, Batman!
Welcome to Episode 9 of Dining with Druids! We’re your hosts, Ali and Jeff Lilly.
In tonight’s episode, “Holy Personal Gnosis, Batman!“, Ali and Jeff open up about their relationships with the gods, sharing a little insight into how they grapple with questions of spiritual authenticity and internal versus external sources of authority, balancing academic research, creative explorations and unverified personal gnosis (or “UPG”). Jeff talks about the time Odin almost made him crash his car, and Ali explores the dark, stellar aspect of the Celtic goddess, Brighid — but only after apologizing for her part in causing the East Coast earthquake. Make sure to stick around for the end of the episode, when Jeff reads a truly inspired piece of writing and Ali talks a bit about an up-coming contest for listeners to win a copy of the new anthology of Pagan fiction, The Scribing Ibis.
Mentioned in tonight’s episode:
- Jane Hirshfield’s poem, “Building and Earthquake” on Poetry Daily
- “How to Become a Poet,” by Alison Leigh Lilly, Meadowsweet & Myrrh
- “Stellar aspect of Brighid?” in the Meadowsweet Commons
- “The God’s Whisper: A Guest Post from Odin,” by Jeff Lilly, Druid Journal
- The Scribing Ibis: An Anthology of Pagan Fiction in Honor of Thoth
- YHWH, YMMV and other unspeakable things
- Wendell Berry’s poem, “To Know the Dark”
- A Druid’s approach to centering, grounding and attending
- Cu-inspired baby voices
Thanks for listening, and join us next time here on DwD!